Noble Fox want our clients desired lifestyle to dictate the design outcome, and we design high quality living spaces to achieve this whilst taking care of the practicalities.
Our process has three stages – Initial Consultation, Concept & Detailed Design and Construction Management.
The design process starts with an initial design consultation. The consult usually takes 1-1.5 hours and is a time to understand how you use your outdoor spaces, gather information, discuss initial ideas and style preferences – a fresh set of eyes to look at design opportunities. A consultation will help you to prioritise work, understand the array of options you have for materials and suppliers or just provide an experienced second opinion. We understand what adds value to a property and what it takes to make a space enjoyable to live in.
From the consultation, a design brief, scope of work and fee proposal are compiled and sent via email.
Concept & Detailed Design
A concept plan helps to organise all the ideas and explore the options for the space. It includes spatial layouts and an indicative materials palettes. It is also useful to identify project staging. A concept plan typically includes:
- 2- 3 meetings to review several conceptual design options before settling on a final design direction – then developing this design through a series of reviews. Meetings can either be on site, via phone or Skype pending location.
- Site survey, analysis and measurements
- 3D Imagery to depict the proposed design
- Indicative costings during the design phase to ensure the design concept meets your budget.
- Concept Drawings
- Materials Palettes
The detailed design phase develops the design concept into working drawings suitable for accurate pricing and construction through details and specifications. The type of details required is dependent on the elements of the concept design – each project is different, but can include:
- Planting Plans, Schedules & Specifications
- Lighting Plans
- Elevations & Sections
- Furniture Layouts
- Pool Design (to achieve required Consents)
- Construction Details for landscape structures – decks, walls, pergolas, paths, fences etc
- Setout Plans – paving and decks
- Scope of Works and Specification to enable accurate construction costings and direction
Landscape Construction & Project Management
We don’t mind being bossy when we need to be so can manage your project implementation on your behalf. Noble Fox loves making sure our projects are delivered on time and on budget and looking even better than you imagined.
We can manage the consent application process for you, refer tradespeople, help you prepare and manage the budget and oversee work on site – leaving you free to just enjoy the process and look forward to the end result.
Scope of work can include:
- Budget planning and management
- Procurement of contractors either by tender or negotiation or referrals to recommended contractors.
- Site visits and inspections to view progress.
- Liaison with suppliers and contractors and regular reporting to client.
- Signoff on setouts for built elements and quality prior to implementation.
So the crux of it is – we talk to you, work out what you need and then make a plan of attack accordingly… for all design work we provide a full fee proposal and we stick to it.